Pinched Nerve Pain Management in Bradenton, Sarasota & Venice, FL
Are you suffering from Pinched Nerve Pain? Our expert pain management doctors can help! Simply call one of our 4 convenient locations in Bradenton, Sarasota, or Venice, FL & learn more about the treatment options Ramos Center has to offer.
A pinched nerve can cause discomfort, trouble sleeping, and irritability. Most commonly, individuals experience pinched nerve pain in their neck and back. Sometimes, a pinched nerve will heal on its own over time, but if you have been suffering from a pinched nerve for longer than a month, it is a good idea to schedule an appointment with your doctor to see what treatment options are available.
What is a Pinched Nerve?
Many people experience a pinched nerve due to inflammation of surrounding tissues. This could be caused by bones, cartilage, muscles, or tendons in the affected area. Another common cause for a pinched nerve is an injury or a slipped disc in your spine. Pinched nerves can even occur due to drastic weight gain and added pressure on the affected area.
What are the Symptoms?
Pinched Nerve symptoms tend to vary since everyone experiences the pain in different areas of the body. Here is a list of common issues that may present themselves in the case of a pinched nerve.
- Numbness or decreased sensation in an area of your body
- Sharp shooting pains
- Pins and needles
- Muscle weakness
How can it be treated?
There are many ways to treat a pinched nerve. In many cases, rest and applying heat/cold can help decrease inflammation in the area. If your pinch nerve is a more severe case, a physician may suggest a nonsurgical treatment plan to manage the symptoms. In severe cases, treatments may even include physical therapy which is usually successful in bringing relief to those experiencing chronic pain and discomfort.
If you think you are experiencing a pinched nerve, here are some exercises that could help alleviate the pain.
- Chin Extension – In a seated position, place interlocked fingers behind your head. Slowly move your chin down and to the right at the same time. Repeat on the left side.
- Twist – Begin in a sitting position with your legs shoulder-width apart. Place your left hand on your right knee then extend your body forward to stretch your back muscles. Repeat on the other side as well.
- Side Bends – Stand up and place your hands on your hips. While maintaining a straight posture, lean both sides of the body to stretch your lower back.
- Shoulder Shrugs – While standing with both arms at your sides, shrug your shoulders repeatedly.
- Bench Press – Lay on your back while holding a broom across your chest. Lift the broom upwards until your arms are extended, and your shoulders are straight. Repeat.
Don’t continue living life in pain, get the help you need today!
At Ramos Center, we treat a variety of patients each of which requires a specialized treatment technique unique to your specific needs. Our experienced professionals will execute a plan tailored to your pain and get you back on your feet in no time. Call us today (941) 260-0042 to schedule your appointment!