Pain & Addiction Medicine Program in Bradenton, Sarasota & Venice, FL
Stop Dependency Before Addiction Starts
Samuel A. Amen, MD
Board Certified in Addiction Medicine Fellowship Trained & ACGME Accredited
Ramos Center for Interventional & Functional Pain Medicine offers a holistic approach to chronic pain patients. Many patients after years of opioid use, find that they are addicted to the very medication that once assisted them in functioning. They are not left alone to deal with these issues. Ramos Center has added an Addiction Medicine component to their comprehensive programs of excellence. Dr. Amen is board certified and fellowship trained in Addiction Medicine.
While the Ramos Center does not accept patients who consume high dosages of opioids into their practice, Dr. Amen will manage opioid therapy for high-risk patients suffering with chronic pain and are willing to wean down to a manageable level or cease opioid consumption completely. He will help to prevent, identify and treat opioid dependence in pain patients using a multi-modality approach including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and additional counseling techniques. Patients are not only prescribed Buprenorphine and Suboxone but additionally prescribed counseling.
Overview of Services & Programs
- Suboxone/Buprenorphine therapy & management
- Provide state of the art evidence-based medication assisted therapy for opioid dependence in an office-based setting
- Manage opioid therapy for high-risk patients with chronic pain (History of addiction, depression or other psychiatric disorders)
- Prevent and/or identify and treat opioid dependence in pain patients using a multi-modality approach
- Attends to the complex psycho-social needs of both pain and addiction patients
- Smoking cessation, hypnotherapy, counseling & Chantix®