Intracept Procedure for the Relief of Chronic Low Back Pain in Bradenton FL, Sarasota FL and Venice FL
Chronic low back pain (CLBP) is a widespread and often severely debilitating condition that is estimated to affect nearly 30 million people in the US. Patients suffering from CLBP typically initiate treatment with conservative therapies such as activity modification, medications, bracing, physical therapy, manipulation and steroid injections. Existing therapies fail to provide adequate pain relief for approximately 80% of CLBP patients.
The Intracept Procedure is based on groundbreaking research that identified and demonstrated the role of the basivertebral nerve in transmitting low back pain. The procedure utilizes a minimally invasive approach to reach the basivertebral nerve near the center of the vertebral body and delivers radiofrequency energy to ablate the nerve; once ablated, these nerves no longer transmit pain signals.
Treated patients report nearly immediate relief
Benefits of Intracept® Procedure
- Provides a treatment option for patients who have not responded to conservative therapy
- Minimally invasive, outpatient procedure
- Implant-free and preserves the structure of the spine
- Provides durable relief of chronic low back pain
- Procedure takes only 60 to 90 minutes
- Performed using image guidance