Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) Bradenton, FL, Sarasota, FL and Venice, FL
Suffering from chronic pain? At Ramos Center, we want to offer solutions that will help you get your life back for the long haul ahead. Simply call your nearest location today & book a consultation with one of our expert providers.
SCS works by blocking pain signals being sent from your nerves to your brain. The procedure is fast and long lasting if the treatment is successful. Below we will go over the procedure, benefits, and how using high versus low frequency treatments can help control your pain long term.
The procedure for a SCS is quick and only requires general anesthesia in most cases. However, you may discuss other options with your doctor.
- An epidural needle is inserted in the vertebrae and eventually into the space between the spinal cord and the spine.
- An electrode is then placed through the needle and placed into the affected area where pain signals are being sent to the brain.
- There is a small incision made, often in the lower back or buttocks, where the battery is inserted.
At Ramos Center, we use the HF10 therapy system which has many added benefits compared to the more standard SCS treatments. Here is a list of benefits associated with the HF10 SCS:
- Proven to give patients relief from chronic back, neck, and leg pain- as many as 85% of patients reported pain relief after the procedure.
- No tingling, buzzing or shocks- a common side effect of SCS treatment is paresthesia. This side effect is categorized with tingling, shocks, or buzzing with sudden movement during daily activities. At Ramos Center, we only use the newest and most advanced technology that has been proven to eliminate chronic pain while also keeping paresthesia at bay.
- More freedom- unlike other therapies, patients can sleep and drive while the battery is on.
- Compatible with pain medications- If necessary, HF10 can be used while taking pain medication.
High vs Low Frequency
The new HF10 just became available in 2015 as one of the first high frequency SCS on the market. In a short amount of time and through clinical studies, the SCS has proven to be extremely effective in more than 80% of chronic back pain and chronic leg pain patients. On the other hand, a low frequency SCS averaged between a 40-50% success rate. HF10 is also the first of its kind to cut out paresthesia and grant patients more freedom. After being in use for 24 months, patients reviewed that the SCS has significantly improved their lives and it was still proven to be 80% effective.
Our surgical team consists of the best doctors in the field, who are committed to helping you achieve a pain free life. We are available to discuss pain management options during a consultation and we will help you in any way we can. Stop by today or call us to schedule your appointment.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY LIKE
❱ Spinal Stenosis
❱ Spondylosis Treatment
❱ Dorsal Root Ganglion
❱ Pain & Addiction Medicine
❱ MILD Procedure
❱ Failed Knee & Hip Surgery
❱ Degenerative Disc Pain
❱ Sciatica Pain Treatment
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Steroid
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
❱ Shoulder Pain Treatment
❱ Low Back Pain Treatment
❱ Cancer Pain Spasticity Pumps
❱ Concussion Management
❱ Hip Pain Treatment
❱ Arthritis Treatment
❱ Neck Pain Treatment
❱ Knee Pain Treatment
❱ Durable Medical Equipment
❱ Behavioral Health
❱ Stem Cell Therapy/PRP
❱ Peripheral Nerve Stimulators
❱ Superion® Implant
❱ Intracept Procedure
❱ Kyphoplasty & Sacroplasty
❱ Intraspinal Pump Program
❱ Work Comp/Auto Accidents
❱ Biodex® Screenings