Foot Pain Specialist Questions and Answers
If you are experiencing foot pain, know that there is treatment available. Ramos Center strives to deliver the highest level of service to each patient, at every visit. Call us today or visit us online to book an appointment. We have convenient locations in Bradenton FL, Englewood FL, Sarasota FL, Venice FL, Port Charlotte FL and Dunedin FL.
Our feet are our primary form of mobility, taking us where we need to go without a second thought. They connect us to the world in a very literal way, and are one of the highest impacted areas of the human body. Considering these factors, our feet can become injured, overworked or deteriorated, which can result in pain and limited mobility. Fortunately, there are medical professionals who dedicate their practice to treating foot pain, allowing patients to walk better and live a pain-free life.
What are the signs and symptoms that foot pain is serious?
While most cases of foot pain are mild and improve within a few days, some signs and symptoms can indicate a more serious problem. Foot pain should never be ignored because it can lead to future complications, including chronic pain, limited mobility and even permanent damage. Signs and symptoms that may be indicative of serious foot pain include:
- Recent trauma to the foot
- Inability to bear weight on the foot
- Wounds on the feet
- Pain in both of the feet simultaneously
- Warmth, redness, and swelling in the foot
- Visible deformity
What can cause foot pain without injury?
Injury is a common cause of foot pain, but there are several more causes that can occur without injury. These include:
- The Wrong Footwear: Wearing shoes too small, too big, worn out, or with lack of proper arch support can cause foot pain.
- Skin Growths: Redness, blistering, abnormal growths, and irritated skin can all cause pain, discomfort and limited mobility in the feet. Examples of some skin growths include:
- Corns and Calluses
- Plantar Warts
- Athlete’s Foot
- Joint Problems: With over 30 joints in each foot, joint problems can also cause foot pain for many people. Examples of joint-related issues include:
- Flat Foot or High Arches: If the arches in the feet are too low or too high, it can result in foot pain. Especially after a long period of standing, flat feet can cause foot pain and swelling. Conversely, as the weight is distributed on the heel and ball of the feet, arches that are too high can also cause foot pain, especially from prolonged standing, walking, or running.
Why do the bottoms of my feet hurt so much?
There are several conditions and injuries that can cause foot pain on the bottoms of the feet. These include:
- Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis, one of the most common culprits of foot pain, occurs when the connective tissue between the ball of the foot and the heel become inflamed.
- Metatarsalgia: Colloquially known as a stone bruise, metatarsalgia can cause foot pain.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: The feet can also experience nerve pain, which is known as peripheral neuropathy. This often presents itself with symptoms of tingling, loss of sensation and burning or stabbing pain.
What is the best way to relieve foot pain?
There are many ways to relieve foot pain, from at-home remedies to professional care. At-home remedies include:
- Draw a foot bath
- Do some stretches
- Practice strengthening exercises
- Get a foot massage
- Buy arch supports
- Switch to more comfortable shoes
- Apply ice to feet
- Take a pain reliever
- Apply a topical pain-relieving medication
- Wear night splints
If these methods do not provide relief for foot pain, it may be time to see a professional.
At Ramos Center, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your foot pain needs. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating foot pain and can help you find relief and improve your quality of life. We have six locations to better serve you: in Bradenton, FL; Dunedin, FL; Englewood, FL; Port Charlotte, FL; Sarasota, FL; and Venice, FL. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Bradenton FL, Sarasota FL, Palmetto FL, Laurel FL, Venice FL, Englewood FL, Memphis FL, Dunedin FL, Cortez FL and Port Charlotte, FL.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY LIKE
❱ Pain Management
❱ Complex Regional Pain
❱ Physical Therapy
❱ Research Program
❱ Cancer Pain Management
❱ Targeting Chronic Pain
❱ Vertebral Fractures
❱ Interventional Pain Medicine
❱ Spinal Cord Stimulators
❱ Scoliosis Treatment
❱ Metastatic Spinal
❱ Medical Management
❱ Spinal Stenosis
❱ Spondylosis Treatment
❱ Dorsal Root Ganglion
❱ Pain & Addiction Medicine
❱ MILD Procedure
❱ Failed Knee & Hip Surgery
❱ Degenerative Disc Pain
❱ Sciatica Pain Treatment
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Steroid
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
❱ Shoulder Pain Treatment
❱ Low Back Pain Treatment
❱ Cancer Pain Spasticity Pumps
❱ Concussion Management
❱ Hip Pain Treatment
❱ Arthritis Treatment
❱ Neck Pain Treatment
❱ Knee Pain Treatment
❱ Durable Medical Equipment
❱ Behavioral Health
❱ Stem Cell Therapy/PRP
❱ Peripheral Nerve Stimulators
❱ Superion® Implant
❱ Intracept Procedure
❱ Kyphoplasty & Sacroplasty
❱ Intraspinal Pump Program
❱ Work Comp/Auto Accidents
❱ Biodex® Screenings