Exercises for a Pinched Nerve in Neck
If you are suffering from a pinched nerve in neck, please see the exercises recommended by our Top Pain Management Doctors at Ramos Center for Interventional & Functional Pain Medicine.
In some cases, those who experience a pinched nerve can find relief by merely resting the sore area. However, in some cases, a physician may suggest a nonsurgical treatment plan to manage the symptoms. In severe cases, treatments may even include physical therapy which is usually successful in bringing relief to those experiencing chronic pain and discomfort.
Exercise is a great way to address the pain associated with a pinched nerve. Below, you will find the top six activities you can do for pinched nerve treatment.
- Hamstring Stretch- Start in a seated position and lean forward to touch your toes with your fingers.
- Chin Extension- In a seated position, place interlocked fingers behind your head. Slowly move your chin down and to the right at the same time. Repeat on the left side.
- Twist- Begin in a sitting position with your legs shoulder-width apart. Place your left hand on your right knee then extend your body forward to stretch your back muscles. Repeat on the other side as well.
- Side Bends- Stand up and place your hands on your hips. While maintaining a straight posture, lean both sides of the body to stretch your lower back.
- Shoulder Shrugs- While standing with both arms at your sides, shrug your shoulders repeatedly.
- Bench Press- Lay on your back while holding a broom across your chest. Lift the broom upwards until your arms are extended, and your shoulders are straight. Repeat.
If your pain persists, you may be a good candidate for physical therapy. Physical Therapy is useful and can get you feeling better in no time. Treatments will require more than one session so it is imperative to find an experienced therapist who can guide you through the process.
At Ramos Center, we treat a variety of patients each of which requires a specialized treatment technique unique to their specific needs. Our experienced professionals will execute a plan tailored to your pain and get you back on your feet in no time.
To address your chronic pain and get you on a path to wellness, schedule your appointment today!
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY LIKE
❱ Spinal Stenosis
❱ Spondylosis Treatment
❱ Dorsal Root Ganglion
❱ Pain & Addiction Medicine
❱ MILD Procedure
❱ Failed Knee & Hip Surgery
❱ Degenerative Disc Pain
❱ Sciatica Pain Treatment
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Steroid
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
❱ Shoulder Pain Treatment
❱ Low Back Pain Treatment
❱ Cancer Pain Spasticity Pumps
❱ Concussion Management
❱ Hip Pain Treatment
❱ Arthritis Treatment
❱ Neck Pain Treatment
❱ Knee Pain Treatment
❱ Durable Medical Equipment
❱ Behavioral Health
❱ Stem Cell Therapy/PRP
❱ Peripheral Nerve Stimulators
❱ Superion® Implant
❱ Intracept Procedure
❱ Kyphoplasty & Sacroplasty
❱ Intraspinal Pump Program
❱ Work Comp/Auto Accidents
❱ Biodex® Screenings