DRG Stimulation Doctors in Bradenton, Sarasota & Venice, FL
Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation is a non-opioid therapy designed to deal with chronic pain, specifically in lower body areas as foot, knee or joints. Want to get rid of Neuropathic Chronic Pain? Visit Ramos Center to get treated. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online.
Life-Changing Technology for Chronic Pain
Dorsal Root Ganglion (DRG) therapy is a non-opioid therapy designed to manage difficult-to-treat chronic pain in specific areas of the lower body, such as the foot, knee, or groin in patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). DRG therapy treats patients with neuropathic chronic pain associated with CRPS of the lower limbs. Pain in these areas is sometimes related to a cluster of nerves located on the outside of the spinal cord called the dorsal root ganglia (DRG). DRG was once thought to have no connection to pain, but researchers now know that this nerve bundle plays a key role in nerve pain for CRPS I and II patients.
DRG stimulation therapy involves surgically placing a stimulator that targets the dorsal root ganglion to relieve pain of the lower limbs due to CRPS. Individuals will have a hand-held iPod controller that changes the stimulation settings within prescribed limits. This new technology has made a significant difference in the treatment of chronic pain. Patients with chronic pain in a lower limb from CRPS experienced superior pain relief after one year with DRG stimulation.
Living with pain doesn’t have to sidetrack your life!
- 74.2% of people experienced meaningful pain relief with DRG stimulation
- One-third had more than 80% pain relief and no tingling sensation
- Conveniently and discreetly adjust your own therapy using familiar Bluetooth mobile digital devices
- Long-lasting battery doesn’t need to be recharged
- Your device can be kept up to date easily and painlessly through wireless software updates
- The implanted device is MRI Conditional for the head and extremities
- DRG Stimulation therapy helps people with chronic pain finally find relief and live healthier, fuller lives