We understand that not everyone is cut from the same cloth. Treatments that heal and provide lasting results for some patients may not work for others. This is why we have a whole team of physicians that are dedicated to trying new treatments so we can find the best solution for YOU.
A treatment that is often overlooked is clinical hypnotherapy. When we say “hypnotherapy”, many people automatically imagine laying on a couch and becoming hypnotized by a round object and soft spoken words, as seen in demonstrations. This is called “stage hypnosis” and it is very different from clinical hypnotherapy.
What is Clinical Hypnotherapy?
Clinical Hypnotherapy targets your inner emotions, whether it’s how you relate to yourself, or how you feel others relate to you. Hypnotherapy is conducted by a licensed psychologist who is there to help you relax, meditate on the issues you are having, and offer calm solutions that can help you change your daily habits for the better.
The number one goal for our physicians is to achieve trust and easy communication with their patients. What many people don’t know is that when you are relaxed, your subconscious has more time to contemplate life choices and gives you space to internalize those things that will help you improve your life. A typical hypnotherapy session will be conducted along these basic steps:
- You will walk into your therapy room and lay on a reclined couch with your feet up.
- Your therapist will walk you through breathing and meditation exercises to help you relax.
- Once you are relaxed, your therapist will begin to ask you simple questions that you will begin to calmly answer.
- When an issue is stumbled upon, your therapist will offer advice and ask you in turn, how you think that could help you change the issue at hand.
- Once the session comes to a close, you will be guided back through breathing and slowly wake up and become alert once again.
Here are some common misconceptions that will not happen during a hypnotherapy session:
- You will not blurt out secrets during hypnotherapy.
- You will not be convinced you are able to do or be someone you’re not (superman).
- You will not be coerced into doing anything against your will.
What can Hypnotherapy help treat?
Hypnotherapy has had a positive impacts on a number of emotional and psychological conditions in our patients.
- Chronic pain
These issues have all been treated effectively using clinical hypnotherapy methods.
We believe many of our patients suffer from pain that may be rooted deep in emotional trauma. We also believe that you have the strength to fight through these struggles and come out on top feeling happy, healthy, and pain free. Give us a call today to set up an appointment and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have on our hypnotherapy techniques.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY LIKE
❱ Spinal Stenosis
❱ Spondylosis Treatment
❱ Dorsal Root Ganglion
❱ Pain & Addiction Medicine
❱ MILD Procedure
❱ Failed Knee & Hip Surgery
❱ Degenerative Disc Pain
❱ Sciatica Pain Treatment
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Steroid
❱ Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
❱ Shoulder Pain Treatment
❱ Low Back Pain Treatment
❱ Cancer Pain Spasticity Pumps
❱ Concussion Management
❱ Hip Pain Treatment
❱ Arthritis Treatment
❱ Neck Pain Treatment
❱ Knee Pain Treatment
❱ Durable Medical Equipment
❱ Behavioral Health
❱ Stem Cell Therapy/PRP
❱ Peripheral Nerve Stimulators
❱ Superion® Implant
❱ Intracept Procedure
❱ Kyphoplasty & Sacroplasty
❱ Intraspinal Pump Program
❱ Work Comp/Auto Accidents
❱ Biodex® Screenings